06 February 2009

banana foster by lacey


this scrumptious dessert comes from my good friend, Lacey, who shared it with us last weekend as a superbowl treat. it was oh-so-delicious, melt-in-your-mouth kind of good....give it a try, it's so easy, it's worth it - you won't be disappointed....


banana foster
ingredients:
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 bananas peeled and sliced
1/2 tbsp vanilla (replacing the usual rum)

directions:
1. melt butter in a large skillet
2. add brown sugar and stir together
3. add vanilla
4. add the bananas and cook until caramelized over medium-high heat.
5. 1 tsp cinnamon **is what Lacey uses**
5. serve over vanilla ice cream and/or crepes

thanks lacey!

3 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

You are very welcome! It is good with cinnamon too! 1 teaspoon is what I put in.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I LOVE bananas Foster. YUM. How are the wedding plans coming? Im really excited for you, and YES, we should hang out soon. Do you and Cort like hanging out with couples who have 2 1/2 kids? :)

Erin Bradley said...

Oh how I crave this. I had it a couple nights on our cruise so I am so happy that I can come and and continue my crappy eating habits!