i'm testing these sweet things out on my loved one's this valentines day...
1 package oreo cookies (use whole cookie, including cream center)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark (i couldn't fine the "bark coating", so I used hershey's white chocolate, or any baking white chocolate will do just fine)
1. finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. reserve for later.
2. crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. use the back of a large baking spoon to help mash the two together.
3. roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. melt chocolate as directed on package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. you can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration.
6. once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
notes: you can use a small cookie cutter to push the mixture through for heart shaped, v-day truffles. also, it helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate.
••get creative, use milk chocolate, mint oreos, etc...a fun valentine, or everyday treat!!