18 September 2008

Fall Baking - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


This is about the time of year I really start missing Utah and the changing of the leaves. Around fall and the holidays, I really get in the mood to bake all things Fall-related. Cort loves pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but muffins are more "fall-ish" to me, so I decided to switch it up a bit. This is the original recipe, but I sprinkle in a little more nutmeg and cinnamon than asked for - a little trick my friend Lacey taught me. And I always add in more chocolate chips - almost 1 cup more.

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs 
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.

2. Mix sugar, oil and eggs. And pumpkin and water. In separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.

3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter. Bake in preheated over for 20 to 25 minutes.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good job Laura, Thanks, I will be visiting frequently.

anna said...

I can see this turning into something big. It is adorable.

The Dumas Family said...

Those sound yummy - I'll give 'em a try. Here's one you may like if you like ginger snaps. It's Cole's Swedish grandmother's recipe and I love 'em!

GINGER BALLS
3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 c flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger (rounded)
1/2 tsp cloves

Mix first 4 ingredients. Combine next 5 ingredients, then add to first 4 ingredients and mix. Roll into balls and roll each ball in sugar before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.